Look 10 Year Younger....!
1. Chewing gum can reduce stress and improve performance. People who chomped during a mild stress test had 16 percent less of the hormone cortisol than those who took the test gum-free. Their attention and memory scores also increased. Chewing boosts blood flow to the jaw and perhaps the brain. Added O2 may boost mental sharpness, and if you are on top of your game you will feel less stressed.
2. Being exposed to nature may improve your memory Volunteers took a short-term memory test, then walked in a park for an hour. When they returned, they took a similar test and recalled 20 percent more. Researchers noticed comparable results when people viewed photographs of a natural setting, but not after they walked on city streets. Nature captures our attention without requiring much thought, so the brain can rest.
3. Brain Juice: To lower your risk of Alzheimer's Disease, drink apple juice. Mice that were given the equivalent of two glasses every day for a month produced fewer beta amyloids, protein fragments that can injure brain cells and are found in higher amounts in Alzheimers patients.an unknown component in the juice may halt a protein thought to stimulate beta amyloid production.
4. Help Your Heart: Starting to exercise, even later in life, can help your heart health. In a study in Hypertension, investigators looked at 28 people in their 20s and 60s and found that the older men blood vessels were generally more constricted, increasing their risk for hypertension or attack. But after 3 months of walking for five hours a week, eight of the elders had blood-vessel function resembling the twenty somethings. Just walking 30 minutes a day can significantly improve cardiovascular health.
5. Vitamin D may lower your risk of death from disease, reports a study in the Archives of Internal Medicine. Subjects who took an average of 528 IU of vitamin D per day for 5 years had a 7 percent lower risk of death from cancer, cardiovascular disease, and diabetes. The hormone calcitroil, vitamin D's active form, may promote cancer-cell death.